Fair Chance Business Plegde
A pledge to considering applicants with criminal records
What is Fair Chance Business Pledge?
Companies which signed the 2015 Obama White House Fair Chance Pledge are committed to improve their communities by eliminating barriers for those with a criminal record and create a pathway for a second chance by conducting Fair Chance Hiring Practices such as:
- Banning the Box by delaying criminal history questions until later in the hiring process;
- Training human resources staff on making fair decisions regarding applicants with criminal records;
- Ensuring internships and job training are available to individuals with criminal records;
- Using reliable background check providers to help ensure accuracy;
- Hosting a Fair Chance and Opportunity Job Fair
They may also contribute to their local community such as:
- Supplying tools for success (business clothing, cell phones, internet service, transit cards, or child care services);
- Offering support to regional reentry facilities;
- Providing mentors to children of incarcerated parents.
There is no guarantee that the companies signed the pledge will hire felons because each companies might have revised their policy for the hiring process and the pledge itself was made in 2015. However, it is probably still a good start for you to search for a job from the list of employers that signed Fair Chance Business Pledge.